We are fascinated with everything instantaneous. So much so, that we choose to cut our phrases short and turn them into acronyms. Maybe for convenience, or maybe we’ve become too lazy. For whatever reason, they’ve become deeply embedded into our daily lives.
Acronyms such as IDK (i don’t know), WRU (where are you), and ILY (I love you) are common in our texts, PMs, and DMs. But we dove deep into the internet and found some other acronyms you didn’t think existed (or at least only a handful know).
Here is a list of acronyms which IMO are pretty GR8.
- LYLAS – Love You Like A Sister
- MHOTY – My Hat’s Off To You
- FWIW – For What It’s Worth -or- Forgot Where I Was
- VBG – Very Big Grin
- NRN – No Reply Necessary
- DILLIGAS – Do I Look Like I Give A Sh**
- OT – Off Topic
- YMMD – You Made My Day
- SCNR – Sorry, Could Not Resist
- CYS – Check your Settings
- IIRC – If I Recall / Remember Correctly
- 4YEO / FYEO – For Your Eyes Only
- C&P – Copy and Paste
- HTH – Hope This Helps
- WFM – Works for Me
- FACK – Full Acknowledge
- NIMBY – Not In My Back Yard
- SITD – Still In The Dark
- EOD – End of Discussion
- SLAP – Sounds Like A Plan
- P911 – Parent Alert
- YAM – Yet Another Meeting
AWCGO(And we could go on) but I think we’ve made our point. Whether it’s quirky, convenient, or just plain absurd, they’re here and not going anywhere. What are your favorite acronyms? We’d like to know. Share your thoughts and we’ll TTYL.